For your convenience, in addition to other forms of paying, we are happy to announce that we now offer Direct Billing for massage therapy and acupuncture treatments.
We offer direct billing to 11 major insurers, covering 85% of privately insured Canadians. Please see below for a list of the companies we can bill directly:
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance
- Desjardins Insurance
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc.
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group
- Standard Life
- Sun Life Financial
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Medavie Blue Cross:
- This is for clients who are covered under Federal program coverage (for Veterans Affairs Canada, Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Armed Forces)
- We can only direct bill to one insurance company at a time.
- Clients are responsible to ensure their benefit plan covers massage therapy or acupuncture treatments, and whether or not a doctor’s note is required.
- Please arrive a few minutes before your appointment to allow time for you to fill out your direct billing paperwork.
- In the event that the insurance company declines payment, the amount owing will be due immediately and will be charged to your account.
- If you are covered by your own insurance as well as a spouse/partner’s plan, the insurance rules are that you must claim against your own plan first until it is used up, then you can claim on the alternate plan.
- All appointments are subjected to our 24-hour cancellation policy and your insurance provider will not pay for missed appointments.
- Extended medical plans will not accept direct billing claims related to ICBC or WCB claims.
*Please call your insurance provider ahead of time to see if you need a doctor’s note for massage therapy or acupuncture treatments and to find out what your benefit coverage or percentage covered are per treatment as we have no access to this information.